Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Introduction

For some time now, and inspired mainly by Henry Hyde's wonderful series in Battlegames describing his 18th Century imagi-nations campaigns, and then latterly by my own father (whose blog can be found here), the Old School Wargames chaps, the famous Charge! and, well, actually, pretty much Battlegames again, I have been flirting with the idea of creating my own little corner of Central Europe to fight battles like Blasthof Bridge and Sittangbad.

So I created the Principality of Molgravia.

I have had a few half-hearted attempts at the whole Spencer Smith craze, but in the end I just couldn't get on with the figures, so currently the Molgravian Liebgarde zu Fuss, Infanterie Regiment Nr 1 stands as follows:


Which at least gives you an idea of the uniform - or at least the special uniform worn by the Principality's elite infantry regiment.

I am currently plotting an army made up mostly of Crusader Miniatures' Seven Years War Russian figures, each regiment being constructed in the Charge! manner. I'm going to build the regiments up company by company, as that makes for a nice £25/30-a-month wargames budget which fits into my disposable income nicely.

Well, that's it for now really. Stay tuned for more, as soon as I dig out the sporadic notes I have made over six years' of thinking about Molgravia!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this blog, as I am considering something very similar, I shall now move on to your other postings for ideas. Also thank you for the link to your father's blog too.

    ReplyDelete