Total Pageviews

Friday 18 December 2015

The Notebook!

I found it! In, admittedly, a place I had suspected it might be but not one I'd actually bothered to check.

It's not got as much information in it as I had remembered; I think perhaps the majority of the notes I made were, in fact, on scraps of paper and the like.

It has, however, got some interesting things in it:

 Title page.

 Initial ideas for "allies and enemies" (note the Tintin influence).

 First draft of the army of Molgravia - I like the flags, but they're definitely not what I'm doing now.

 Twelve regiments?! I was clearly being my usual over-optimistic self!

 I'd forgotten that they were going to be grey-coated originally. Green is a much better colour.

More bizzare and no-longer-applicable flags.

Dating, as it does, from about 2008 or 2009, it is now somewhat out of step with my mental image of Molgravia. But it's a fun reminder of the beginnings of this project.

1 comment:

  1. I love the names you have chosen for each regiment etc. I plan on going with the standard, First Regiment of Foot (Sligo) etc. As I am using a map of Ireland, may as well use the names already provided.

    ReplyDelete